This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Greenhouse Energy Ltd [are] the data controllers and we are responsible for your personal data (referred as “we”, “us”, or “our” in this privacy notice).
Full Contact Details
Full name of legal entity: Greenhouse Energy Ltd
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01244 637 410
Garden City Industrial Estate,
Company number: 11274134
If you are unhappy with any aspect of the way that we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
We would be grateful if you contacted us in the first instance if you have any complaints so that we can promptly try and resolve the issue for you.
It is very important that any information we hold on you is correct and up to date. Please let us know at any time if your personal information changes at email@example.com.
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT ON YOU
Personal data means any information capable of identifying you as an individual. It does not include anonymity data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, title and date of birth.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment details (Payment card details are not retained).
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and communication Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and is in itself is not personal data.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- order our services;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you;
- enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions:
- As you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns.
- We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
- We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites that use our cookies.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- requested information from us or purchased services from us; or
- if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion or free resources;
- and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a service purchase.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may make your personal data anonymous (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If you have had an energy saving measure installed by us, your personal details and details of the installation will be retained indefinitely so that we can retrieve the appropriate paperwork in the future should it be required.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
- We are not obligated in all circumstances to action your request. Should your request include details of an installation those records will not be deleted. You can see more about these rights at: GDPR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.